Pixotope® Live Cloud will offer the M&E industry world’s first SaaS for both virtual studio and augmented reality production.
The Future Group, the maker of virtual production tool Pixotope®, the technology behind award winning productions such as TWC Surge Flood and Riot’s Pop Stars, has received development grants from the Epic Games MegaGrants fund and Innovation Norway.
The grants will allow The Future Group to develop, as an industry first, Pixotope® Live Cloud. Pixotope® Live Cloud will enable companies to connect to the power of live virtual production through a ‘pay as you go’ and always available cloud service.
Marcus B.Brodersen, CEO of The Future Group, explains, “We are making virtual production more accessible and giving streaming and broadcast production companies more flexibility in how they tell engaging stories.” Virtual production allows companies to integrate interactive photorealistic graphics into their live video broadcasts and streams, enabling new and attention-grabbing storytelling.
Built on the production-proven Pixotope® virtual production technology, Pixotope® Live Cloud adds a host of groundbreaking new features:
Appliance level quality and performance in the cloud
● Access anywhere, at any time
● Easy and user-friendly configuration and deployment
● Easy scalability for content segmentation
● “Pay as you go”
Built-in streaming and connectivity
● Ultra-low latency point to point streaming for interactive multi-site virtual studio
● Broadcast industry-standard support for Video over IP
● Direct to distribution streaming
Synchronization, integration, and metadata
● Embedded metadata streams for telemetry and other synchronization critical components
● Cloud-enabled Digital Asset Management system
● Cloud-enabled platform API for integration with 3d-party systems
Marcus B.Brodersen, CEO of The Future Group summarises:
“Unreal Engine is the perfect vehicle to drive innovation in media production, and Pixotope® is all about making that power available to as many media producers and creators as possible. We couldn’t ask for better collaborators than Epic Games and Innovation Norway to give even more content creators access to these storytelling tools through Pixotope® Live Cloud.”.
Launched in 2019, Epic MegaGrants is a $100 million program from Epic Games designed to globally accelerate the work of talented teams and individuals working with Unreal Engine, 3D graphics tools, and open source software.