Strand, the original name in theatrical lighting and a Signify (Euronext: LIGHT) entertainment lighting brand, today announced that they are standardizing their portfolio of industry-leading Vision.Net architectural lighting components to use 35mm DIN rail for mounting.
Strand’s new, modular family of hardware devices consists of nine new products, including control modules, rack trays, enclosures, power supplies, and other components. This new solution can be customized to any size application, making it the perfect architectural lighting control solution for educational, theatrical and house of worship environments.
“Customers have relied on Strand’s custom lighting control enclosures for years,” says Fernand Pereira, Global Head of Marketing and Product Management, Entertainment Lighting at Signify. “Customers received exactly the solution they needed in a factory certified, UL rated enclosure that could be easily installed in the field. However, this required each solution to be custom designed and assembled in Strand’s factory. By deploying standardized, DIN rail mountable modules, customers get the same flexibility in a solution that’s easier to order as boxed goods, can scale easier down the road and can be assembled at any dealership or in the field—while still keeping the regulatory compliance.”
Using standard 35mm DIN rail ensures system integrators can easily retrofit the solution into any existing installation or incorporate it into any new build out. With modular components and a variety of trays and enclosures available, the solution can scale to address any application, with rack, flush, or surface mounting options available. Because components are individually listed, solutions can be ordered off the shelf and assembled at any location. However, customers desiring custom-built solutions can still leverage Strand’s manufacturing expertise and have systems assembled in the Strand factory. Vision.Net control modules are plenum rated so that they can be installed if required in plenum air spaces.
The new Strand Vision.Net DIN rail hardware components include:
- Strand Vision.Net DIN Rail Rack Mount Trays – available in horizontal or vertical mounting designs, these 3U rack trays offer up to (3) DIN rails along with a blanking cover.
- Strand Vision.Net DIN Rail Enclosure – this flush or surface-mountable NEMA rated enclosure offers two DIN rails and an adjustable voltage barrier.
- Strand Vision.Net DIN Rail Power Supplies – these 100-277 V AC DIN-rail mountable PSUs offer 60 or 150 W of power to all the Vision.Net components in your system.
- Strand Vision.Net 4-Way Splitter Module – this DIN rail or surface-mountable Vision.Net control module provides 1×4 splitting of a Vision.Net hardwire control signal.
- Strand Vision.Net 8-Port Digital Input Module – this DIN rail or surface mountable module offers eight discrete digital input-only ports for 3rd party device signaling to Vision.Net.
- Strand Vision.Net 4-Port Digital I/O Module – a DIN rail or surface-mountable control module offering up four discrete digital control inputs, four open collector outputs, and four dry contact relay closures for signaling to/from Vision.Net or acting as an intermediary device.
The new Strand Vision.Net components are expected in the second quarter.
Photo: © Strand